Most of the stuff that drives me crazy comes from the fact that you are all here for exactly one reason – a job. Either you need a degree for the career you desire or you need this class to improve the career you already have. It is time to treat
Yes, I own a kilt, doesn't everyone?
the way you plan to treat your career.
Consistently being late to class
- There are plenty of good reasons why you would be late to class: sometimes a truck turns over on the freeway between your house and school. There is never a reason to be late consistently. When you consistently show up late to class you send the message that school is not important to you. If you can't show up to class on time then how are you going to ever hold down a job?
- Not as a general concept but if you can't stand to have your phone off for the length of a class then how are you ever going to hold down a job?
- Again, not as a general concept but if you can't stand to not check Facebook for the length of a class then how are you ever going to hold down a job?
E-mailing me the same way you e-mail your friends
- I can not tell you how many times I have received an e-mail with the subject line Hey
and the e-mail reads "what did u cover in class 2day" with no mention of who the person is or what class they are in. Don't e-mail me, or any of your instructors, like this. Make the subject line relevant to what your e-mail is about and include your name and what class you are in. Please remember: sentences start with a capital letter and end with a period. You are in college.
Needing to use the restroom during class
- OK, sometimes there is an emergency but you know when class starts and you know when it ends. Use the restroom before class...and don't forget to wash your hands.
Asking for Extra Credit
- I give enough credit, I don't need to give any extra
. The video below is an exaggeration, but exaggerations are based in truth.