The UFO has established this website to provide the Ohlone College Faculty access to our contract, our newsletters and our Executive Committee.
Our faculty established the UFO in 1979 as an independent union to protect your employment rights as well as engage in collective bargaining pursuant to the California Public Employees Act of 1976. The UFO and the Ohlone College Board of Trustees, through our respective negotiators, collectively bargain any and all issues relating to working conditions and conditions of employment.
After being ratified by the UFO and approved by the Board of Trustees in December, the 2014-2017 UFO Contract will now go into effect. Some highlights of the new contract are:
- Effective January 1, 2016, the full-time salary schedules are "cleaned up" so that step increases are the same dollar amount throughout the salary schedule (for many years, the full-time salary schedules have had step increases that get smaller the longer you're here). Additionally, 3% has been added to the salary schedules*. For our current full-time faculty, the combined effect of the clean-up and the 3% is an average salary increase of 5.7%. Individual increases vary, depending on where one is on the salary schedule.
- For the calendar year 2016, 5% has been added to the part-time salary schedule. Of this amount, 3% will be ongoing.* The agreement indicates that the other 2% will discontinue effective December 31, 2016, but that can certainly be a topic at the table during 2016 negotiations.
- Effective Spring, 2016, part-time faculty will be eligible to be compensated for up to 6 flex hours and up to 3 approved hours of work on SLO assessment each semester.
- Full-time faculty who are enrolled in medical benefits through the District will receive a $650 ongoing monthly medical benefits allowance, beginning with the pay period ending December 31, 2015.
- New language has been added that establishes the duties of part-time faculty and clarifies the duties of full-time faculty. The language that was negotiated incorporated feedback.
- In order to make progress toward lecture/lab load equity, new language has been added that identifies three categories of lab. This language that was negotiated also incorporated feedback.
- In 2016, the District will initiate State Disability Insurance (SDI) program exploration for part-time faculty.
*This includes 0.85% COLA from 2014-15 and 1.02% COLA from 2015-2016 for a combined 1.87867% COLA. The remainder of the 3% is pure salary increase (i.e., a raise).
Meetings Schedule :
2:00 to 3:30pm in Room 7102 on the following Mondays:
- September 12
- October 17
- October 31
- November 21