- Minimizes needless course duplication, thus reducing costs for the students and the institution
- Allows students to receive college credit and/or advanced placement through hard work and achievement at the high school, ROP, or adult school level
- Provides more incentive for students to continue their education
- Encourages enrollment in articulated high school and ROP curricula
- Assists in student transition from high school to college
- Increases self-confidence in students
- Prepares students for higher education
- Reduces truancy
- Gives students a more positive attitude about school
- Promotes more enthusiasm and interest in the articulated course
If you are currently enrolled in a 2+2 course (see 2+2 course listing (PDF)) at your high school or Mission Valley ROP, you could be eligible to receive college credit for completing this class. The steps are simple, and the payoff is tremendous. Not only will you save money, but you will also save time by not having to repeat the course again in college.
1: Meet Academic Requirements -
In order to receive credit for this class, you will need to earn an A or B in the class and pass the "Credit by Examination" requirement. The exam could be anything from a report or project to a test. Your instructor will provide you with detailed information about the "Credit by Examination" requirement.
2: Submit an Ohlone College Application -
You must complete an Ohlone College admissions application online or a printed Ohlone College admissions application (PDF), or you can receive one from the Ohlone College Office of Admissions & Records. Once you have completed an application, follow the instructions for New Student Admissions and Registration.
3: Complete "2+2 Student Contract for Credit" -
If you meet the academic requirements in Step 1, your instructor will provide you with the 2+2 Student Contract for Credit (PDF). Please complete this form and give it to your instructor before the last day of class.
Contact your high school counselor or the Career College Specialist in your school's Career Center. The Ohlone departments listed may also have more information.
|High School||Contact Name||Phone/Email|
|American High School||Theresa D'Audney||(510) 796-1776 x57408
|Irvington High School||Linda Kimmel||(510) 656-5711 x46377
|Kennedy High School||Becky May||(510) 657-4070 x27204
|James Logan High School||Barbara Hart||(510) 471-2520 x5561
|Mission San Jose High School||Catherine Castillou||(510) 657-3600 x37072
|Mission Valley Regional Occupation Program (MVROP)||Trudy Parker||(510) 657-1865
|Newark Memorial High School||Sally Holguin||(510) 818-4332
|Washington High School||Michaelene Whittmer||(510)505-7300 x67379
|Arts and Social Sciences Division||Sheila Holland||(510) 659-6216
|Early Childhood Studies Department||Janice Jones||(510) 979-7589
|Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Division||Robert (Bob) Bradshaw||(510) 659-6024
|Career Technical Education||Gale Carli||(510) 742-3101
|Admissions and Records||Heidi Barkow||(510) 659-7381
|Computer Studies||Lesley Buehler||(510) 659-6082