What is CTE?

The Career Technical Education program was developed to help students make a smooth transition from the secondary level of occupational or academic training to the two-year post secondary level without experiencing a delay or duplication of learning. In support of this, a process has been established which allows students to earn Ohlone College credit by taking high school or ROP courses. Ohlone faculty and high school/ROP instructors agree upon course content and assessment measures for their respective courses. They then create an articulation agreement, which identifies the high school/ROP and Ohlone courses as being compatible.

Once students have completed the high school/ROP course(s) with a grade of A or B, they are eligible to receive Ohlone College credit. There are specific forms and steps students must complete before receiving the credit. For more detailed information on this, please see Information for Students: Steps for Getting College Credit and Information for Instructors: Articulation Steps.